Follow me on my Journey to get Fit by clean eating, lots of exercise, and most importantly...my Faith!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Do you have a workout buddy?

When I first started my journey to being healthy I pretty much did it alone. Sure I had the support of my husband, he would tell me I'm doing good and that he was proud of me. But I would go to the gym and see these groups of girls that did classes together, they would meet up, chat, laugh, and during classes I could hear them all talking and motivating each other....and I wanted that too! Sure I knew people, we would say "hi" and then say "see you next time" at the end of class. But that wasn't enough! I wanted someone to hang out with in the hall before class started, someone I could text afterward to talk about how brutal that class was....I just wanted someone to go thru the highs and lows with, that would cheer me on and I'd do the same for her, someone I could vent to, someone who felt the same things I felt. Was that too much to ask??!!

And then God gave me Jessica! Well kinda.... It's not like she just appeared or anything. We had actually known each other for a few years, we belonged to the same play group, we got along well, our kids played together. Just this last years and a half we have became super close. And then she became my workout buddy! And it was just like I had imagined! Kinda cheesy, I know, but we meet up before classes at the gym, we chat, and laugh, and motivate each other, we text each other about how brutal our workout was, and a couple of months ago we ran our first 5k together. And now we are BeachBody coaches together. She's more than just my workout buddy. Now she's my friend! This chic inspires me so much! I'd be lost without her!

So what I'm trying to say is...if you can, find a workout buddy! It makes getting through this journey so much more fun!

This super awesome chic also has her own blog. Click Here and check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment